We thank all the participants, sponsors and supporters for the grand success of Rugged Sahyadri 2018
Exciting times ahead! Buckle up for the toughest, enthralling and self-supported Rugged Sahyadri trail race, with no volunteers to extend you that bottle of glucose or pat your back at regular intervals. Rugged Sahyadri encourages you to be the champion of self-motivation and traverse on. Pack your own backpack with a day’s supplies, and set on a venturous and pulchritudinous trail, boosting the adrenaline rush factor.
Rugged Sahyadri is designed for the resolute, vehement, and stout. The 50 km trail race is not any mere one; Ruggedians are guaranteed to take back stories to tell and memories to cherish. Rugged Sahyadri beckons Ruggedians to tread along a legendary route. If you are a beginner, making a comeback, amateur trekkers, adventure lover, or a wildlife enthusiast, you can also join the race for a distance of 10 km. It is a power-packed, and shorter race to provide the racers with a perfect blend of history, formidable challenges, and bounty of lush green table land.
The diverse and gorgeous topography of Maharashtra is the bonus for the Ruggedians to gear up for Rugged Sahyadri. The route from Panhala to Pawan Khind in Kolahpur, is a combination of craggy, rolling and steep terrain. The Ruggedians will race through the arduous hills, dense gorgeous green forests, rustic and dusty village backroads, green table land, single tracks and muddy trails. The trail could not be any diverse than this.
The race begins from Panhala – a place that often turns into a dream sequence with a blanket of fog. The incessant rains of the Western Ghats are known for making the trails extremely sloppy and muddy. Depending on the mood of the weather, expect rain, fog, and chilly breeze, that would create different filters along the terrain.
As the racers run through the trail they cross dense forests, where even sunlight fails to penetrate. The Masai Pathar, is a picturesque table land within 4-5 kms from the starting point of Panhala. The plateau flourishes and bathes in the greenery of the monsoon. However, the main attraction of Masai Pathar is the myriad of wild flowers of different colours and sizes that bloom in the months of August and September. In this hilly terrain of the slopes of Masai Pathar you will also witness numerous spectacular waterfalls cascading from the ridges, on your way of mission.
Gushing through the lush green vegetation, the racers continue to swirl their ways through the huge trees, standing tall and elegant, of the region. There will also be single track – extremely narrow stretch of pathways barely allowing only one person to pass at a time. However, the trail is not all savage. There will be farmlands that will come along the way of the racers, which they have to cross, of course without stepping on the yield. Trampling their way through the village backroads is an experience that few other trails would have to offer. The race ends at Pawan Khind. A place that is sure to take your breath away with its mesmerizing exquisiteness.
Ruggedian Sahyadri drew its potion of inspiration from the historical event of Shivaji Maharaj’s escape from Panhala Fort on a stormy and showery night. The valiant Maratha soldiers braved the enemy to save their warrior king – Shivaji, under the leadership of Baji Prabhu Deshpande, at Pawan Khind. The Rugged Sahyadri race track could not be anything else than the history embedded trail from Panhala Fort to Pawan Khind. The idea fuelling of Rugged Sahyadri is to combine the cause of fitness with the love for Maharashtra and its legendary chapter of Maratha history.
Elevation of the Route
Rain, fog, no volunteer or organiser’s support support, gruesome hills, forests, village backroads, tableland, thick vegetation single track and muddy trails. That pretty much sums it up as tough.
The start point is Panhala for all three categories and only 50KM category end point is Pawankhind. (10 KM & 21 KM has start point as the end point)
The place is accessible by car and there is good frequency of public transport. (20kms from Kolhapur city.)
Organiser do not provide any support. It is a self-supported trail race. You have to carry sufficient water, food, etc as per your requirement.
Yes, the organizer provides transport back to the start point. And from venue to city pick up point (If required)
Yes – Panhala Fort & Pawankhind
No, Transport will be given once all participants come at finish point or transport is full. If you finish first you have to wait till transport capacity gets full and participants reach. You can call your friends/ relatives to pick you if you don’t want to wait.
Yes – We even have travel and hospitality packages for you to have a pleasant and seamless experience; reach us on +919623688883 for booking.
No, you need to collect kit compulsory on kit collection day. No kit will be given on event day
Initial 2 kms & last 10 kms (Total 12 kms) are of tar route.
Location: Panhala Fort
10 km (NON-COMPETITIVE / Fun Run)
21 Km (Competitive)
50 km (COMPETITIVE)
And further sub categorized into age groups of 18-35 / 35-50 / 50+ (Male/Female)
KIT Distribution: TBA
Things to carry:
Please note that there will not be any support provided by organisers.
- Energy bars / Fruits / Biscuits
- Water bottle
- Rain jacket
- First Aid Kit
- Good quality shoes
- Torch (especially for 50 km run)
- Comfortable wear / Extra pair of clothes
(Please pack all your stuff in a plastic bag to prevent them from getting wet and put them in Haversack.)
*Water streams, ponds, small cascades & villages are present on the trail way from where participants can top up their water bottles.
Images from past events:
Rules & Regulations:
- Ruggedian Sahyadri Trail Race will be governed by the Race Committee and the Race Director. We shall have complete discretion in formulating and applying all rules and penalties. These rules may be modified or altered at the sole discretion of the Race Committee and the Race Director at any time.
- The official languages of the race is English and all competitors are responsible for reading and understanding these rules, race signs, directions and any oral instructions given before and during the race.
- Sahyadri Trail Race is the solo and self-supported race and no outside support will be allowed. Participants need to carry their own food & water required for the entire race. The course will include mandatory checkpoints and sections which may be modified at any time before and during the race. Race Time is calculated by Time chip technology.
- The Race Committee reserves the right to impose time penalties or to disqualify athlete for, conduct in violation of these rules and contrary to the best interest of the Race. The decisions of the Race Committee are final and cannot be appealed except for the protest.
- ‘Time cut off’ points will be designated at various places along the course. Athlete arriving after the designated time at any cut-off point can be disqualified at the discretion of Race officials.
- Each PARTICIPANT should be above 10 years and above for 10km & 21km. For 50km category, participant’s age should be 18+.
- Entry fee will not be refunded or transferred under any circumstances.
- Use of any special equipment or race tactic, the legality of which is unclear under these rules, must be disclosed in full to the Race Director prior to the Race to be approved. In the event that the equipment or tactic is approved, the Race Director will keep the inquiry confidential. In the event that a participant fails to pre-disclose and receive pre-approval, this fact will weigh against the participant in the determination of any protests filed on account of such equipment use or tactic.
- It is MANDATORY for all the athletes to collect Race Kit. Please carry proof of registration such as a payment receipt / e-receipt or e-mail printout to collect Kit bag. If you are unable to collect your race kit personally, you can send a person with the Authorization letter, duly filled in and signed by you, to collect it on your behalf along with receipt. No Race kit will be given on Race day.
- Organizers are not responsible for any loss or damage during transportation or during race course. Participants has to take care of their belongings.
- All rights, title and interest, including but not limited to the Intellectual Property Rights, in the promotional material(s) / the race and in any and all entries received shall vest solely and exclusively with RACE COMMITTEE / ORGANISERS at all times. RACE COMMITTEE / ORGANISERS or any person or entity permitted by RACE COMMITTEE / ORGANISERS in this regard shall be entitled to use the entries received or any information in connection with the entry in any media for future promotional, marketing, publicity and any other purpose, without any permission and/or payment to the Participant.
- Under no circumstance, shall RACE COMMITTEE / ORGANISERS and/or their directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries, be liable to the Participant and/or any third party for any lost profits or lost opportunity, indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages whatsoever, even if RACE COMMITTEE / ORGANISERS has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The Participant specifically agrees not to file in person/through any family member and/or any third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against RACE COMMITTEE / ORGANISERS and/or their directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries to claim any damages or relief in connection with the Race and shall hold harmless RACE COMMITTEE / ORGANISERS, its affiliates, its group companies, their employees, officers, directors or any other person and/or sponsors from any claim/liability/losses (including legal fees) arising out of and in relation to any injury / damage / harm / loss / death / mental or emotional trauma suffered by the participant(s) in any manner whatsoever in connection with the Race.
- RACE COMMITTEE / ORGANISERS shall not be liable to perform any of its obligations under the Race where it is unable to do so as a result of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- RACE COMMITTEE / ORGANISERS excludes all liability whatever for any costs, expenses, damages, liability, injury or disappointment suffered by you arising out of or in any way connected with the Race.
- RACE COMMITTEE / ORGANISERS are empowered to take a decision on any case not covered under these Rules and Regulations.
- Photographs taken during the briefing and on race day can be used for the purpose of promoting the event and email data and contact number of participants can be used for promotional purpose.
- Participants should be Physically Fit with No Personal History of any Disease Incapacity him to undergo the physically challenging RACE.
- Any action by the participant that degrades, deteriorates or damages the environment through which the race will run will lead to disqualification. If the participant is spotted littering or throwing garbage along the way of the race, altering or tampering with any of the natural surroundings for any reason whatsoever will lead to disqualification of the participant.
- Participants arriving after the designated time at any cut-off point will be disqualified at the discretion of Race officials.
- The Race Director has the right to disqualify any participant on grounds of indiscipline or indecent behaviour or any such action that is detrimental to the conduct of the race.
- Consumption or possession of alcohol, tobacco, cigarettes or any banned substances will lead to instant disqualification.
- Argument with race officials, race marshals, and other athletes will lead to disqualification.
- Once the final results are declared no protests, arguments or any such action will be entertained. Any misbehaviour in the protest will lead to instant disqualification.
- The Race Director can alter, amend or change the course of the race as well as the rules and regulations without any prior notice and would be binding with immediate effect.
- All decisions by the Race Director regarding the results and the prizes will be final and binding on all the race participants.
- Prizes will depend upon the number of participants registered in the category.
- Race directors can merge category without any notice to participants, depending on the count in respective category. For all 3 prizes to be available for claim, the minimum number of registration in that respective category should be 20. If number of entries for 50kms sub category is between 10 to 20 then only first and second position will be awarded with the prize money (Amount of prize money will be of second and third position)
- For all 3 prizes to be available for claim, the minimum number of registration in that respective sub category should be 20. If number of entries in sub category is between 11 to 20, then only the first and second position will be awarded with the prize money (Amount of prize money will be of the second and third position) .If the number of entries in a respective category is between 5 to 10, then only the first position will be awarded with the prize money (Amount of prize money will be of second position). Rest all winners will be felicitated with trophies. Please note that the result announced on Event day is a provisional result, final results will be declared in couple of days. Prize money will be transferred to winners within 15 working days after the event. All decisions by the Race Director regarding the results and the prizes will be final and binding on all the race participants. Protest will be entertained on Email to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org within 4 days after event.
Highlights of Rugged Sahyadri
- Rugged Sahyadri Race was previously called as ‘Ruggedian Shivaji Raje Monsoon Trail Race’ inspired by and tributed to Chatrapati Shivaji Raje.
- An exhilarating adventure of running and trekking
- A self-supported extravagant trail race
- Starts from the historic Phanala Fort to Pawan Khind at the heart of Western Ghats, Kolhapur
- Self-supported race where Ruggedians carry their own food, water and other necessary supplies for tenure of the race.
- Zero support provided by the organizers or from the outsiders.
- Every finisher will be given finishers memento
- Jaw-dropping performances of Mardani Khel, Powade, Dhol-taashe & many more exciting traditional enactments
- Thumping dhol tunes to keep the gear junkie in you charged up at all times
For any queries:
Write us at: email@example.com or call us at +919623688881